Sunday, August 15, 2010

The D-I-V-O-R-C-E

So, as some of you may know (and some of you may not), my parents have recently started the process of getting a divorce. In May, my Dad went to work one day while I was out of town in Chicago. And he didn't come back. I found this out from my sister when I woke up the next day, after getting back home very late the night before from the trip.

While this situation hasn't been fun, easy, nice, whatever you want to call it, it's been a good thing for me for several reasons. The biggest is that it has made me take a good, hard look at myself and my life. There are many things in my life that I want to change, in order to make my life happy and healthy. Here's what they are...
1) I need a job
While right now I am employed as a temp through OfficeTeam and as a substitute teacher, it is FAR from a consistent paycheck, which I need right now. I have been searching for a teaching job and applied for several, but haven't heard back. I am waiting to hear about a job interview I had about 2 weeks ago, but I am not sure if that will pan out...
2) I want to get my license
I took the test once, but failed it. It's become quite a strain to have to have people take me where I need to go. Although I have figured out the bus system here in GR, it's not how I want to get around forever. I want to be able to go wherever I want, whenever I want, and I can't. It's SO frustrating!!
3) I want to get healthy
Most of you who know me know I am overweight. I don't like it!! I want to lose some weight, to be a healthy person with a healthy self-image.


Luckily, I have AMAZING people around me (specifically my incredible family, my wonderful boyfriend, and my friends Betsy Degraaf, Kelsey Kohmenberger, Sarah Smith, Sarah Stier, Michelle Steffen, Kyla Uekert, and SO many more!). I love you all more than I could possibly say, from the bottom of my heart! I feel so lucky to have you all in my life!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

So, if you know me....bug me about this stuff, would ya?!

1 comment: